NewsComplex Appraisal Problems
Joseph J. Blake & Associates, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest, independent valuation firms that has a sole focus on the valuation of real property, but also includes a going-concern component, where applicable (i.e., hotels, c-stores, etc.). With offices located in principal cities throughout U.S. metropolitan areas, JJB is well-positioned to complete valuation assignments throughout the United States, including in Hawaii and Alaska. In addition, JJB has a long-standing strategic relationship with one of the largest appraisal firms in Japan, and is thus capable of assisting with valuation needs throughout Asia.
Because of our focus on valuation and broad geographic coverage, we are uniquely equipped to handle complex appraisal problems that span multiple types of properties in different markets. Examples of recent multi-location portfolio assignments include:
- 120 institutional-quality warehouses
- 27 investment-grade properties
- 64 properties comprised of office, retail, medical, parking facilities and bank branches
- 63 commercial properties that included multi-family, retail, bank branches and a parking structure
- 45 properties consisting of retail, office and multi-family
- 25 properties that included retail, office, restaurant and marinas
- 60 auto rental-related facilities
- 51 restaurants
- 16 supermarkets
The preceding assignments were completed on behalf of pension fund advisors, accounting firms, law firms, private equity groups, corporate owners and lending institutions. Intended uses included Valuation for Financial Reporting (VFR), portfolio planning, estate/tax planning, establishment of a minority interest value and lending purposes.